Dedicated and Experienced Columbia Family Law and Civil Litigation Attorney
Fred L. “Chip” Coover is the founder and principal attorney at the Coover Law Firm, serving central Maryland and beyond in the areas of family law and civil litigation, including divorce, adoption, child custody and visitation, alimony and child support, construction law, land use, personal injury and real estate law.
A native of Baltimore, Mr. Coover received his Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration from Towson State University in Baltimore in 1980 and earned a joint Masters of Business Administration and Juris Doctor law degree from the University of Baltimore in 1985. He is also a graduate of Leadership Howard County, Class of 2003.
Mr. Coover is committed to the advancement of the legal profession and is active in local, state and national bar associations and attorney organizations. Since 2001, he has served on the Executive Council of the Maryland State Bar Association, Committee for the Resolution of Fee Disputes.
Mr. Coover is equally committed to the needs of every client that comes through his door and looks forward to the opportunity to put 30 years of legal experience to work for every client with integrity and dedication to achieving outstanding results.
- J.D., University of Baltimore (1985)
- M.B.A., University of Baltimore (1985)
- B.S., Towson State University (1980)
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice