Philosphy & Client Rights
The goal of our Firm is to meet the evolving legal needs of the community by providing the highest quality legal services with uncompromising ethical standards. We maintain a client-oriented, technologically efficient, and process-driven environment. To further accomplish our goals, our attorneys and staff strive to:
- Maintain the highest professional standards in all matters of the practice.
- Meet or exceed every client’s expectations for efficient, effective, and professional legal services.
- Build foundations with our clients to ensure a long-term relationship.
- Seek out and participate in opportunities to expand our knowledge of the law and capacity to deliver legal services.
- Be respectful and courteous towards our clients, vendors, and opposing counsel.
- Uphold the high camaraderie that currently exists within the firm.
Recognize that the financial stability of the firm is a key value and that our time and advice is our stock in trade. Our guiding philosophy is to provide clients with legal tools and options that will enable them to take control of their personal and business affairs. We understand that the qualities clients value most in their professional advisors are competence, responsiveness, and sensitivity to their needs. We believe that clients are best served if they maintain long-term relationships with their attorneys and other advisors, and we strive to create and maintain those relationships. We place special emphasis on listening carefully to our clients, helping them understand their options, and communicating our advice in plain English.
Client Bill of Rights
At Coover Law Firm, LLC we believe we can promise our clients quality service with personal attention. We believe as our client you:
- Have the right to our respect
- Have the right to talk to your attorney when you call
- Have the right to expect competence from our firm and all who work here
- Have the right to attention from us
- Have the right to loyalty to you and your cause
- Have the right to know the truth about your case
- Have the right to efficiency in your legal representation
- Have the right to a fair written agreement with our firm
- Have a right to a fair fee for the work we do
- Have the right to make the ultimate decision on your case
All attorneys are governed by a higher standard called the Code of Ethics. We believe as attorneys we must live by these ethics in all that we do and say.
Among these ethics is one specific right you should be aware of that your lawyer is obligated to provide:
CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY: This is called attorney-client privilege. This means that a lawyer, or any member of his or her staff, cannot reveal most things you say or show to your lawyer. This is true if you have hired that lawyer or just talked with a lawyer and communicated certain information. There are exceptions, such as, someone who reveals something illegal, for example, a scheme to defraud or give perjured testimony.