Can a father take a child out of state without mother’s consent?

It depends upon whether or not there’s a Court Order that relates to this issue. Each parent has a right of association with the child, and that includes the right to travel. So, in the absence of any Custody Agreement or Marital Aettlement Agreement stating otherwise, neither parent has the right to stop the other parent from exercising that right.