Real Estate FAQS
The following links and resources are provided by the Coover Law Firm in Columbia for the benefit of people seeking information on family law, real estate law, land use and zoning, and construction law in Howard County and surrounding Maryland communities. We hope these resources help you find the information you are looking for. If you need legal assistance in a family law or civil litigation matter, please contact our office to speak with an attorney.
- Do you need a lawyer to buy a house in Maryland?
- How should I title my house?
- Can I be on the title but not the mortgage?
- What is the seller liable fo after selling a house?
- How long is a contractor liable for their work?
- What are a seller’s remedies when a buyer breaches a sales contract or vice versa?
- What happens when a seller refuses to close?
- What constitutes a wrongful foreclosure in Maryland?
- Can you sue the bank for wrongful foreclosure?
- Can a lien be placed on jointly-owned property?
- Who moves out in a separation?